Eschborn – Crossing reconstruction
Magistrate of the City of Eschborn
Department of Planning and Construction – Civil Engineering
June 2017 bis September 2017
Conversion of 2 traffic-light-controlled inner-city intersections into roundabouts.
The roundabouts have a diameter of 32 and 29 metres respectively.
The conversion of 3 bus stops with bus shelters, the adaptation of the on-board facilities to the requirements for unhindered mobility, the installation of bicycle protection strips, crossing aids & the attachment of a temporary parking lot were also carried out.
- approx. 4,800 m³ earthworks
- approx. 2,900 m cable conduits
- approx. 250 m road drainage connection pipe
- approx. 50 street inlets
- renovation of old connection pipes
- approx. 9,700 m² asphalt work
- approx. 2,200 m² paving work
- 42 lighting poles with approx. 700 m cable trench
Work in areas that have already been rebuilt several times under traffic conditions, resulting in a large number of unknown routes.
Maintenance of adjacent traffic, consideration of the directly adjacent businesses.
Parallel work of different utilities:
- Renewal of water and sewage pipes
- Relocation of gas line, medium and low voltage
- Renewal of road and roundabout lighting